Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Thumpetty, Thump, Thump, Look at Jelly Bean Go!

I know it has been a while. Due to some personal family issues I had to take a blogging break but I come back with some great news! After postponing my doctor's visit twice, we were finally able to see Jelly Bean again on Friday (Dec 17).

Jeff and I have had a lot going on, a lot of stress... but on Friday, when we got to hear (and see!) that amazing little heart beat, it's like the world stopped for a minute. All the difficulties that have been surrounding us were gone in that moment and all we could do is listen and look in pure awe. I still find it hard to believe there is this little creation growing inside me. Sometimes (especially with stuff that has been going on) I feel like I forget that I'm pregnant. (Of course my always prevalent nausea attempts to help remind me). But when we get to see that little miracle on the screen, it's so real.

Jelly Bean at 8.5 Weeks. Yes, he/she does look like a shrimp.

Jelly Bean is 2 cm long!

This is my favorite pic! It is looking from the top of the head down and on either side of the cross are Jelly Bean's tiny little arms (which we actually got to see move!). The doctor made a comment how it looks like it's holding the cross which made me kind of tear up. (My baby loves Jesus already!)

This pic shows the heart rate at the bottom however for some reason it doesn't actually list the heart rate. But the doctor did make a comment that it had a strong heart beat like a boy. Not sure if he was joking but I've had a feeling lately that Jelly Bean is a boy!





We go back at 11.5 weeks and I can't wait! The doctor is going to already look and see if he can distinguish if it is a boy or a girl. It will be really early, so I'm not going to get my hopes too high, but he's an amazing doctor so we'll see!

4 comments:

  1. That's the most beautiful jelly bean I've seen yet!! Congratulations, you two. I've been wondering when I'd get another update. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Katie! It sounds like you've had a stressful few weeks, I hope you are able to enjoy the holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, so sweet. Love the last picture!

    ReplyDelete