Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year!

So this is when we're suppose to set a bunch of unrealistic goals for ourselves and in a months time completely forget what they were. Well, considering the hellish end of year we've had (I'll hopefully be able to share more at a later time) and the fact that my body is growing a living being inside of it which is sucking the life out of me (not complaining... I refuse to sound like I'm complaining... it's just tough... especially when I open my big fat mouth and say how I'm starting to feel better and the nausea comes back with a vengeance) I'm going to be realistic. I want to set goals that I can attain... or at least I'm pretty sure I can attain. So here they are:

1. Do a better job at taking pictures and documenting our life. Jeff bought us a fancy new camera to help with that. It's a Cannon EOS Rebel. It takes amazing pictures! I think the combo of the new camera and this blog will really help me with this goal.

2. Get the should be nursery turned into a nursery. This is obvious, but it has to be done and it will take a lot of time and effort so I think it's fair to set as a goal.

I'm really picky (surprise, surprise) so I was really disappointed in the baby bedding selection (in my price range) that is out there. But luckily, I have an amazing mom that can sew and she offered to make the bedding. We bought a pattern and I found fabric that I'm in love with. The great thing about this print is the multitude of colors in it (which you can see so much better in person). It gives so many options for coordinating fabrics and painting the walls and furniture. (I will be sure to share the final product)


3. Make at least 5 growth charts and sell at least a couple. Since I've never mentioned the growth charts before I'll fill you in. I like crafts and with all this extra time I thought I would have on my hands since I quit my job, I decided I would attempt to make canvas growth charts and hopefully make a little money doing it. They are so adorable and looked like something I could do so I bought the materials. I already have my first order for one so I will post a pic when I finish it.

4. Enjoy this year. Take time to enjoy this pregnancy and the time that Jeff and I have pre-baby. And once this baby is born, savor every moment because I know how very quickly they go by.

So those are my 2011 goals. Sure, I would love to say eat healthier and lose the baby weight post pregnancy but at this point, I eat what doesn't make me throw up and I have no idea what it will be like to try to recover from delivery or have a baby and try to work out. So I think my goals are realistic for this year.

Happy New Year! I'm ready for you, 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment