Friday, January 28, 2011

3 Months!

Praise God the first trimester is over! There's no guarantee I will start feeling better but at least I'm in the "safe zone." After your first trimester, chances of miscarriage are drastically reduced.


Thanks Kels for taking my pic ;)


Scale: has gone up a total of 2.5 lbs. (Really just in the last week)

Belly growth: Gained 4 inches total (2 in the third month)

Jonesin' for: Shipley's sausage and cheese kolaches and glazed donuts; chips; french fries (you know, the real healthy stuff); milk; I've been really craving a bacon sandwich (yes, I said bacon sandwich, not BLT... I don't like the L or the T so just bacon, mayo, and toast :) My mom used to make them for me but I haven't had one in years! So I bought the bacon and made one... and soon realized we always put Miracle Whip on it growing up and Mayo was just not the same. Plus I put it on wheat bread and we always used white. Needless to say, I was a little disappointed. But mom to the rescue because I went over for dinner the other night and she made me the perfect bacon sandwich... white bread, Miracle Whip, and perfectly microwaved bacon (the way I like it!).

Repulsed by: Still probably meat cooking... problem solved, I don't cook :) But at least I'm doing a little better eating meat. I've noticed some fragrances bother me like air fresheners.

Symptoms: Still dealing with nausea, exhaustion, and frequent urination. A new symptom appeared this month when I started getting extreme migraines every other day for at least two weeks! (It felt like torture!) I haven't had one in at least a few days so I'm hoping they are stopping. I'm also starting to notice some back pain as well as in other areas that has been described as round ligament pain (basically because of all the stretching and moving around of your insides preparing for the baby). Oh, and I'm pretty much starving every 2 hours so I feel like I'm eating constantly!

Clothes: Just getting to the point where my pants are tight in the waist. Yesterday was the first day I had to unbutton my pants in order to sit down (Real classy). I ended up having to put on my belly band.

Bedtime: Still like to go to bed early. But I think I've been getting better sleep again.

Jelly Bean is: The size of my fist (3 1/4 to 4 inches from crown to rump) and weighs around 1.5 ounces. Jelly Bean is developing hair and can now move just like a baby (they even start sucking their thumbs at this stage).

Fun Fact: I have ordered and received the main fabric for the nursery. We picked out a crib (plan to order it soon) and we bought a dresser off Craigslist for only $140 and I LOVE it! (I plan on painting it and changing the hardware so I'll be sure to post before and after pics) Daddy's protective instincts have kicked in and somehow he talked me into a new (pre-owned) suv/truck. (Don't get me wrong, I love the new car, it has all the bells and whistles. I just don't love the idea of having a car payment.) So I think the nesting is beginning!

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl. Try ginger for the nausia. Buy fresh one and slice it and put it over night in the water bottle. If lemon or mint does not bother you, add those. Esentially it is recipe for sassy water. :-) but the ginger maily should help with this.
    As far as the back pain, I was going to chiropractor and it was a lifesaving experience!!! I recomended my friend Leslie there and now Romina is having already problems too. They specialize in pregnant women. It calls Total bodywork here is the link: http://tbodywork.com/. It was originaly suggested to me by my OBGYN doctor.

    Lenka

    ReplyDelete