Friday, December 2, 2011

Tutus for Jesus

Every year around Christmas time our church (Clear Creek Community Church) has a giving campaign called First Gifts to Jesus. All donations given to First Gifts to Jesus go towards the following ministry areas:



  • People in Need - exists to meet the acute, short term financial needs of members and attenders of CCCC and, when possible, to assist under-resourced families in our community.


  • Church planting and missions - exists to identify, train and resource church planters in the U.S. and around the world


  • Children and Student camps - exists to help reduce the cost to a family of elementary aged children and Jr. High and Sr High students attending Christian camps throughout the year



  •  This gift is meant to be above and beyond our 10% tithe that God calls us to give. Tithing 10% is a tough challenge and one, I believe, to be the most difficult. It definitely requires a complete trust in God.

    A few years ago my husband and I decided to surrender completely to God by committing to tithe our full 10%. It was very difficult for me and, honestly, we haven't always been perfect at this. So when we are challenged even further, by being asked to give above and beyond our 10%, it is tough. Quite frankly, with tight finances, (as many our experiencing) I had to ask myself how this would be possible.

    That's where Tutus for Jesus comes in! From now until Christmas all profits from tutus sold will go towards First Gifts to Jesus. This project will allow me to give above my normal tithe. I debated whether or not to make this a public project or keep it private in order to make sure my heart was in the right place. After praying about it, I decided making it public would have two benefits, 1) it could encourage more sales which would increase the amount given to First Gifts to Jesus and 2) it would hold me accountable to make sure 100% of profits are donated.

    Tutus with two colors of tulle, a ribbon, and a gem stone (as pictured below) are $18. I can make any combination of colors so long as I can find the tulle. Visit Koncepts by Kate to view more sample tutus. (For local orders I am willing to deliver or meet up. If tutu must be shipped, I will have to charge shipping, however, I would imagine it wouldn't be too expensive.)




    No comments:

    Post a Comment